UE provides holistic solutions underpinned by unparalleled expertise and proven quality assurance systems and procedures, combined with an active management approach and rewards based remuneration. Our unique service offerings suit each client, ensuring that UE achieves set objectives and goals.
Our Service Areas
- Universal Elysium Limited as a lead investor.
- The Port of Antwerp International is the operator of the port facility.
Port of Antwerp International (PAI) is a 100% daughter company of the Port of Antwerp. Antwerp is Europe’s second-largest Port with over 100 years of experience in Port Operations, Management and Logistics. Situated on the river Scheldt, it offers direct access to the rest of Europe over roads, rail and canals. The Port of Antwerp manages an average of 87.2 million tons of container cargo, 39.5 million tons of liquid bulk and 14.7 million tons of dry bulk cargo annually.
Through its subsidiary, Port of Antwerp International, the Port of Antwerp actively participates in management opportunities in overseas ports. It provides operations, consulting and capacity building services for these ports. Partners benefit from the Port’s expertise and know-how accumulated over the years in various areas, such as the technical, commercial, nautical, policy aspects, concessions and port management. For setting up projects worldwide, PAI teams up with partners in the public and private sector either in Antwerp or locally on-site.
In addition, the Port of Antwerp is involved in numerous projects in Africa and other parts of the world, including:
- 28-year concession of the Port of Duqm in Oman;
- 10 million USD investment in Porto do Açu in Brazil;
- Construction and maintenance of Port Autonome de San Pedro Cote d’Ivoire;
- Feasibility studies of the Port of Boma and Matadi in DR Congo;
- Construction of the Port of Hazira in India, amongst others